University students are viewed as ‘independent learners’. However, being independent does not mean being left on your own.
Support from The Learning Institute
At The Learning Institute you will have support from your personal academic tutors and module tutors, and from a whole host of support staff and services, including:
Student Support Officer
- support for students who have a disability, medical condition or Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD) e.g. dyslexia
- support for students with English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- support relating to mental health
- liaising with Course Representatives and Worcester Student Union
- advice relating to maternity leave
- guidance for students with regards to accessing online library resources
- tips for effective literature searches
- help with academic writing and referencing
- support with general ICT queries and access online resources including the virtual learning environment (VLE)
Support from our partners
Students on a Foundation Degree, the BA (Hons) Professional Practice and BSc (Hons) Child and Adolescent Mental Health are able to access a wide range of support from the University of Worcester.
Coronavirus: Information for students, staff and partners about the coronavirus and the response at the University of Worcester.
Firstpoint: Information and support for students at the University of Worcester and partner institutions during their studies. You can contact them by emailing email@example.com or calling 01905 542551.
Library Services: Online resources including e-books and journals, support with referencing and subject specific guides.
Mental Health: Students who are not already allocated to a particular member of the Counselling and Mental Health team or who want to speak to someone more urgently, are able to contact Firstpoint (details above), to arrange a STAR (Support Triage Advice Refer) appointment with one of the team.
Registry Services: The central academic and administrative support department of the University. Contact them via email:
Worcester Students' Union: An independent charity, devoted to the educational interests and welfare of all students studying at the University and partner institutions, including The Learning Institute. You can contact the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01905 543210 (currently available from 11am - 3pm).
We have also collated a range of useful resources, which can be accessed on our Student Support page.