Entry and course requirements
These requirements are applicable to the following Foundation Degrees:
- FdA Early Years Professional
- FdSc Health and Wellbeing in Society
- FdA Inclusive Education
- FdA Learning and Education
- FdSc Mental Health and Wellbeing of Children and Young People
We consider applications from individuals from a wide range of prior educational and employment experiences. For all applicants, current or recent experience of working with learners, such as employment or work in a voluntary capacity within a work setting, is desirable.
For those holding level 3 qualifications, such as A levels, BTEC National Diplomas, Access to HE Diplomas or equivalent qualifications, we are looking for 32 UCAS tariff points.
The University of Worcester and the Learning Institute are committed to providing education to all those who can demonstrate the potential to benefit and succeed. Applicants who do not hold level 3 qualifications such as those outlined above will be considered on the evidence of relevant experience and related learning.
Evidence of level 2 literacy is required, for example key skills or functional skills at level 2 or GCSE English Language at grade C/4 or above. If you do not have evidence of literacy at level 2 or above then you will expected to complete an essay to demonstrate competence in written English.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for these courses, and students will need to register for the DBS Update Service. Students will not be able to commence practice until clearance is confirmed. Students who are already signed up to the DBS Update Service may not need a new DBS, the University of Worcester will confirm on an individual basis.
Applicants should note that the courses require students to be working or volunteering in an appropriate work placement, accruing hours each and every study week across both years of study.
Course-related costs (not included in fees)
- Purchase of key texts
- Travel costs (e.g. to your placement for work-based learning and/or your venue for taught sessions)
- Accommodation, travel and some meals when attending student conferences
- ICT equipment - you may need to upgrade existing ICT equipment or purchase additional hardware/software (e.g. webcam, printer)
- Enhanced DBS check - you may need to pay for an Enhanced DBS Check and to register for the DBS Update Service
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.