How to apply
Teacher training applications are made through UCAS.
Please visit our profile page at UCAS website at www.ucas.com.
– Degree 2.2 or above
– GCSE in English and Maths (Grade C or above)
– GCSE in Science (Grade C or above – Primary only)
We can offer equivalency tests in English, Maths and Science, however there is an administrative charge for this service. The equivalency enables candidates to meet the entry requirements for our programmes in regard to GCSEs. However we encourage all potential teachers to pursue full GCSEs in these subjects for their own professional development.
– Applicants with qualifications from overseas will need to contact Naric to prove equivalency: www.naric.org.uk
Applicants who are successful at interview will also be required to:
– Pass the QTS Literacy and Numeracy Skills tests before the start of the course.
– Prove that they have no criminal convictions which may prevent them from working with children, young people or as a teacher through an enhanced DBS check. Teacher prohibition checks will also be carried out.
– Demonstrate that they are physically and mentally fit to teach and are capable of undertaking a programme of study to become a qualified teacher.